AboutSystems and Services Engineering Analytics (SEA) Group concentrates and consolidates research activities, resources, results, and collaborations on Systems, Software and Data Service Engineering Analytics.
Engineering AnalyticsEngineering analytics is concerned with the techniques and tools for desiging, monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing functions, performance, data quality, elasticity, and uncertainties associated with systems, software, data and services. . In our work, we focus on engineering analytics for: Systems (IoT, Cloud, and Edge Systems), Software (Middleware, Protocols, and Tools) , Data (Processing Models and Analytics), Services (Data Marketplace, Service Models, APIs, and Configuration). We apply our engineering analytics techniques to various applications, including smart cities, smart agriculture, enterprises, e-science, logistics, robotics, and e-health.
we focus on emerging complex distributed systems covering cloud systems, IoT, edge/fog systems, cyber-physical systems and social-cyber-physical systems. Some of our novel concepts are elastic systems, IoT Cloud systems and the ensembles of IoT, Cloud and Networks
We focus on system software, middleware, tools and applications in the IoT, cloud, edge/fog, cyber-physical systems, and social-cyber-physical systems. Application domains are smart agriculture, smart city, e-science, and industrial internet. Some recent tools are IoT management, Uncertainty Testing for CPS
We focus on data models and data analytics, including various types of data in complex distributed systems that are gathered, processed and provisioned under different services. Some our novel concepts are elastic data analytics
Services offer functions built on capabilities of the above-mentioned systems, software and data. We focus on novel technical service models (data-as-a-service, IoT services, e-science services, and several application-specific services), service API and execution management, and dynamic business models (e.g. pay-per-use) for consumers. Some of our novel conconcepts are Data-as-a-Service, data contracts for data marketplaces, human sensing data marketplace, and IoT data marketplaces
Data concerns Modeling and Evaluation
Uncertainties Testing and Analytics
Elasticity Engineering and Analytics
Blockchain and Services
Blockchain-based IoT middleware and services
Lead: Hong-Linh Truong
- Daniel Hopfer: Data lake for cloud forensics (TU Wien)
- Filip Rydzi: Blockchain and edge services (TU Wien)
Adrian Orive Oneca (IKERLAN)
Liang Zhang (Fudan University), The-Vu Tran (Da Nang University), Huu-Hung Huynh (Da Nang University), Nam Huynh (HoChiMinh City University of Technology)
Our GitHub prototypes: https://github.com/rdsea
Our Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/u/rdsea/
- INTER-HINC, IoT Interoperability, Part of Inter-IoT, H2020, May-2017-Oct-2018
- BADALING - Basic Abstractions for Developing Advanced Models of IoT Network in the Edge, Oct, 2016 - Sep, 2017
- AlPS - Analytics, Privacy, and Security for IoT and Big Data, Partially funded by ASEA-UNINET, 2016-2917
- U-Test - Testing Cyber-Physical Systems under Uncertainty: Systematic, Extensible, and Configurable Model-based and Search-based Testing Methodologies, H2020 project, EU funded, Jan 2015-Dec 2017
- HAIVAN: Strengthening Critical IoT Software Development and Training in Highly Volatile and Unreliable Environments, partially funded by ASEA-UNINET, 2016.
Concepts & Prototypes
- IoTCloudSamples: IoT Cloud Units for Research and Development
- T4UME - Tool for Uncertainty Modeling and Evaluation for IoT Cloud Systems
- SINC - Slicing IoT, Network functions, and Clouds
- HINC - Harnomizing IoT, Network Functions, and Clouds
- COMOT4U - Control, Monitoring, and Testing under and for Uncertainties, including Runtime Health Verification of CPS
- iCOMOT for Control, Monitoring, Governance and Configuration of IoT Cloud Systems
- MARSA - A Marketplace for Realtime Human-Sensing Data
- SALSA - A Framework for Dynamic Configuration of IoT Cloud Systems
- SOD1 - Service-Oriented Data and Computation Fusion
See our full list here. Recent 3 last publications:
- Ahmed Ismail, Hong-Linh Truong, Wolfgang Kastner, Manufacturing Process Data Analysis Pipelines: A Requirements Analysis and Survey, (Preprint, Open Access PDF), Journal of Big Data, 2019.
- Hong-Linh Truong, Integrated Analytics for IIoT Predictive Maintenance using IoT Big Data Cloud Systems, (PDF, Slides), The IEEE International Conference on Industrial Internet (ICII 2018), Bellevue, WA, USA, Oct 21-23, 2018.
- Phu H. Nguyen, Phu H. Phung, Hong-Linh Truong, A Security Policy Enforcement Framework for Controlling IoT Tenant Applications in the Edge, (Author version, Preprint), The 8th International Conference on the Internet of Things (IoT 2018), October 15â€“18, 2018, Santa Barbara, California, USA. To appear
- See the full list of publications
Events & News
19-20 Aug 2016
Luca Berardinelli gives a talk about Modeling, Provisioning, Deployment of IoT/Cloud-based CPS at Fudan University, Shanghai, China Aug 19-20 2016.Read More