AboutService Engineering Analytics - Research and Development (RDSEA) concentrates and consolidates research activities, resources, results, and collaborations on Systems, Software and Data Service Engineering Analytics carried out under the lead of Hong-Linh Truong at The Distributed Group Systems, TU Wien.
Service Engineering AnalyticsEngineering analytics is concerned with the techniques and tools for desiging, monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing functions, performance, data quality, elasticity, and uncertainties associated with systems, software, data and services. Some challenges, directions and results were outlined in this habilitation thesis. In our work, we focus on engineering analytics for: Systems (IoT, Cloud, and Edge Systems), Software (Middleware, Protocols, and Tools) , Data (Processing Models and Analytics), Services (Service Models, APIs, and Configuration).
Many results of our research are reflected in our Advanced Services Engineering course for PhD/Master students at TU Wien.
we focus on emerging complex distributed systems covering cloud systems, IoT, edge/fog systems, cyber-physical systems and social-cyber-physical systems.
We focus on system software, middleware, tools and applications in the IoT, cloud, edge/fog, cyber-physical systems, and social-cyber-physical systems. Application domains are smart agriculture, smart city, e-science, and industrial internet
We focus on data models and data analytics, including various types of data in complex distributed systems that are gathered, processed and provisioned under different services
Services offer functions built on capabilities of the above-mentioned systems, software and data. We focus on novel technical service models (data-as-a-service, IoT services, e-science services, and several application-specific services), service API and execution management, and dynamic business models (e.g. pay-per-use) for consumers
Research DirectionIn our research, we focus on different aspects of engineering analytics.
Data concerns Modeling and Evaluation
Elasticity Engineering and Analytics
Lead: Priv.Doz. Dr. Hong-Linh Truong
- Ivan Pavkovic: Data Uncertainty Testing in Cyber-Physical Systems
- Manfred Halper: Identification and Analysis of Incidents in Cloud Services
- Peter Klein: working on IoT software units and execution management
- Florin Balint: Negotiating, Monitoring and Recommending Data Contracts in IoT Dataspaces
- BADALING - Basic Abstractions for Developing Advanced Models of IoT Network in the Edge, Oct, 2016 - Sep, 2017
- AlPS - Analytics, Privacy, and Security for IoT and Big Data, Partially funded by ASEA-UNINET, 2016
- U-Test - Testing Cyber-Physical Systems under Uncertainty: Systematic, Extensible, and Configurable Model-based and Search-based Testing Methodologies, H2020 project, EU funded, Jan 2015-Dec 2017
- HAIVAN: Strengthening Critical IoT Software Development and Training in Highly Volatile and Unreliable Environments, partially funded by ASEA-UNINET, 2016.
Concepts & Prototypes
- SINC - Slicing IoT, Network functions, and Clouds
- HINC - Harnomizing IoT, Network Functions, and Clouds
- COMOT4U - Control, Monitoring, and Testing under and for Uncertainties, including Runtime Health Verification of CPS
- iCOMOT for Control, Monitoring, Governance and Configuration of IoT Cloud Systems
- MARSA - A Marketplace for Realtime Human-Sensing Data
- SALSA - A Framework for Dynamic Configuration of IoT Cloud Systems
- SOD1 - Service-Oriented Data and Computation Fusion
- Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, Frank Leymann, Towards the Realization of Multi-dimensional Elasticity for Distributed Cloud Systems (Submitted version), Cloud Forward Conference 2016, Elsevier Science Procedia Computer Science, 18-20 October 2016, Madrid, Spain.To appear.
- Hong-Linh Truong, Georgiana Copil, Schahram Dustdar, Duc-Hung Le, Daniel Moldovan, Stefan Nastic, On Engineering Analytics for Elastic IoT Cloud Platforms, The 14th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2016), October 10-13, 2016, Banff, Alberta, Canada Accepted
- Daniel Moldovan,Hong-Linh Truong,A Platform for Run-time Health Verification of Elastic Cyber-physical Systems (Submitted PDF), The IEEE International Symposium on Modelling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS 2016), September 19-21, Imperial College, London, UK, Accepted
- Duc-Hung Le, Nanjangud Narendra, Hong-Linh Truong HINC - Harmonizing Diverse Resource Information Across IoT, Network Functions and Clouds (Submitted PDF), The IEEE 4th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud2016), 22-24 Aug, 2016, Vienna, Austria.To appear
- Muhammad Candra, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, On Monitoring Cyber-Physical-Social Systems (PDF), the IEEE Services 2016, Emerging Technologies track on Services for Smart Cities, June 27 - July 2, 2016, San Francisco, USA
- Duc-Hung Le, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, Managing On-demand Sensing Resources in IoT Cloud Systems (PDF), 5th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services (MS2016), June 27 - July 2, 2016, San Francisco, USA
- Hong-Linh Truong, Nanjangud Narendra, SINC -- An Information-Centric Approach for End-to-End IoT Cloud Resource Provisioning (Draft), International Conference on Cloud Computing Research & Innovation, CloudAsia 2016, May 3-5, 2016. Accepted
- See more